Vinous Media, LLC
Last modified: May 24, 2018
Vinous Media LLC ("VM") may collect some personal information at registration (“Registration Data”), such as name, postal address (including postcode/zipcode), email address, payment details, Industry role (if applicable), company name and website (if applicable), gender and age (optional), in addition to information as you access the Community, namely:
I. Site activity information. We keep track of some of the actions you take within the Community. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide Content to us, such as commenting on a certain wine review.
II. Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Community from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
IV. Restrictions on Use. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party provided, however, that our obligations under this Subsection 11(4) shall not apply to information that is in the public domain through no fault of ours or the disclosure of which is required by law.
V. Links to Third Parties. There may be links within the Community to various third party websites. If you click on such a link and are redirected to a third party website, please note that any information you share will be governed by their privacy policies.
VI. Requests. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at email@example.com.
VII. Do-Not-Track Disclosure. www.vinous.com and other portions of the Community do not respond to do-not-track signals or similar mechanisms.
VM primarily uses your information for the purpose of delivering the products and services that you have chosen and to personalize VM’s interactions with you. The use of your information is to enable VM to provide products and services to you, including:
- To fulfil your orders and contracts with us we use your personal and payment details through Stripe, a secure third party provider.
- To manage your access to our online content and apps, and to send you content via push notifications and electronic newsletters if you have requested us to do so.
- To send you service notifications related to your product or service such as subscription renewal notifications, password resets and order confirmations.
- To manage customer service queries and complaints.
- To manage your privacy preferences and to ensure you only receive communications that you have requested, which may include using your details to suppress you from communications.
- To send you administrative emails about your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that you have selected.
- To provide general location-based services (e.g. the region or country you are in) or search results for our content.
- To detect and reduce fraud including fraudulent orders.
- To prevent users from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our site.
- To run competitions, prize draws and promotions or if you attend one of our events subject to separately agreed terms, you may choose to grant a global right to VM to use your name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, for content or other purposes on VM.
Other than where we have asked for your consent, VM mainly relies on two other separate bases to lawfully use your information. First, VM needs to use your information in certain ways to provide VM’s products or services to you, in accordance with VM’s contracts with you. In this case, it is necessary for VM to use your information so that VM can deliver the products or services you have chosen. Second, in certain cases, VM may use your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. Specifically:
- To measure customer and user response and engagement with VM’s products and services such as online content, email newsletters and subscription offers. This may include the secure sharing of your information with third parties who help us to analyze and measure these things.
- To ensure our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of VM’s visitors.
- To help VM improve customer and user experiences and to support in new product development. VM may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires (for which we may securely share information with third party suppliers employed by VM).
- To create audience profiles specific outreach efforts. For example, certain audiences may receive notifications if the contents of the notification is considered to be of particular use or relevance to that audience.
- To detect and reduce fraudulent activity and for other security related purposes such as to help VM protect against harassment, IP infringement, crime or other security issues.
- For any purpose required by law or regulation and to verify information that we provide to third parties for compliance and audit purposes.
You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information, please contact us if you wish to do so. We will consider all objections reasonably, but there may be legal reasons where we deem that the use of your information is still appropriate. We will explain our decision to you in a timely manner.
Data Retention: VM securely stores your information, and hold it for as long as VM needs to in order provide our services and products to you in accordance with (i) applicable law, or (ii) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
If you request for VM to no longer contact you, we will retain the minimum amount of information about you so that we can ensure we remove you from any future communications. Please note that if you ask us to completely remove all information about you, and you subsequently use our products and services at a later date, we will no longer be able to recognize your previous request to not be contacted, which is why we would keep it and suppress it in line with industry standards.
As the internet is a global environment and we work with third parties across the globe, collecting and using your personal information may involve the transfer of this information internationally, including outside of the European Union. By using our products and services you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside the EEA, as applicable.
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
How can I see what information you hold on me?
You can contact us via our ‘Contact Us’ section of the website and we will respond in a timely manner.
How do I opt out of receiving correspondence from VM?
You can contact us at any time to change your preferences or, as applicable, manage them directly from Edit Account on the website or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
How do I make a complaint?
Can I ask you to delete my information?
Yes, just contact us. We will consider your request and take appropriate action which may mean that we suppress it, rather than delete it to ensure that we can still follow your preferences.
How do I update my information?
You can update it at any time via your online account at vinous.com (for subscribers), or just contact us.
How do I manage cookies?
You can use your browser to manage site-specific cookies, including those that you’ve agreed to allow VM to place on your device in order to help us deliver you the services that you have requested.
What are my rights under GDPR?
EU members and residences have a right to ask us for information we hold about you, please email our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us section of the website including the subject line, “Subject Access Request”, so that we can respond as promptly as possible.
You also have the right to ask for us to update, delete or stop processing information we hold about you. However, please note that there are circumstances in which complete erasure of your information or ceasing to process your information will not be possible for operational, legal and business reasons. This may include if you remain a customer for whom we need to provide services, or if you wish us to no longer contact you for marketing purposes. In this case we may need to retain some of your details securely in order to facilitate this request by, for example, keeping you on a “do not contact” or suppression list. This will be the only purpose for which your data will be used if this is the case.