The Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellowship
About The Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellowship:
The Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellowship is awarded annually to a selected writer with a passion for wine and an ambition to pursue a career in wine writing and journalism. The Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellow (“Fellow”) will receive:
1. A grant of $3,000 to help fund travel and research in a wine region that will be mutually agreed upon with Vinous
2. Mentoring from the Vinous team
3. The opportunity to have your work published on Vinous
1. A cover letter that describes your interest in wine and your career goals in the field
2. A current resume
3. Details of your intended use of the grant, including proposed travel destination and article(s) you expect to write
4. Links to published articles, including blog posts
5. An original wine related article of 1,000 to 1,500 words. The subject matter can be on anything to do with wine including, but not limited to, your experience of a particular wine, a visit to a producer or region, wine service and/or social commentary related to wine. Photographs and captions are not included as part of the word count. Selected applicants may also be given an opportunity to have their original works published on Delectable and/or Vinous.
Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 35 (both inclusive) as of the submission date.
All submissions for the 2019 Fellowship must be received by November 30, 2019 at email@example.com
The recipient of the 2019 Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellowship will be announced in January 2020.
Submissions will be evaluated by the Vinous editorial team. All decisions are final.
Vinous retains all rights to writings by the Fellow that emerge as a result of travels funded by the Fellowship. The destination and travel period will be mutually agreed upon by the Fellow and Vinous. Vinous has the option, but not the obligation, to publish the Fellow’s articles as part of the Vinous Young Wine Writer Fellowship program.
Vinous does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.
The information above is accurate as of September 18, 2019 and is subject to change.